The Scottish Beekeeper
The Scottish Beekeeper is the monthly magazine published by the SBA, and distributed to all qualifying members. It is the only publication of its kind dedicated to bees and beekeeping in Scotland, and thus fills a unique niche in beekeeping publications worldwide. The magazine's content is a distillation of articles by members, and contributions from other beekeepers and beekeeping sources.
Advertising in the Scottish Beekeeper and Advertising Rates for 2016
Back Cover Full Page £ 130
Inside Cover Full Page £ 120
Inside Cover Half Page £ 60
Inside Cover Qtr Page £ 40
Inside Full Page £ 90
Inside Half Page £ 50
Inside Quarter Page £ 40
Inside Full page £ 75
Inside Half page £ 45
Inside Quarter Page £ 30
‘Classifieds’ are 25p per word, £5 minimum.
- Rates are per month. There is a 7.5% discount for advertisements continuing
for one year, and 5% for those for 6 months.
- All advertisements must be pre-paid.
- All copy, articles, letters, and calendar items should be sent to the editor, email@example.com, and all advertisements should be sent to the Advertising Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org at the latest by the 10th of the month prior to publication.
- Documents should be submitted as Word files wherever possible, though PDF is acceptable for advertisements.
- All images should be supplied as a separate file – a copy of the image may be included to show placement. If other specialist software has been used please export to the required formats.
- Image files should be supplied as high resolution files, a minimum of 300 dpi is needed to be good enough quality for printing, be prepared that lower quality images may not be published.
- Do not enlarge or edit images, in particular do not sharpen them. PDF files should be produced as High Quality Print or equivalent.
- All images taken from another source must be credited and the author must supply, to the editor, written permission for its use.
- Original material used should have the permission of the photographer/originator and must be accompanied by suitable wording as acknowledgement.
- Authors should be aware that tables should be prepared in Word, diagrams and graphs should be supplied as an image or PDF and supplied so that they are legible in the A5 format of the magazine.