The Moir Library contact details
Fountainbridge Library, Dundee Street, Edinburgh EH11 1BG.
Current opening hours are as follows:
Monday and Wednesday 1p.m. to 8 p.m.
Tuesday, Thursday and Friday 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Saturday 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
13 Wardie Avenue,
Edinburgh EH5 2AB
Boxes of selected books from the library are available for Affiliated Beekeeping Associations to borrow.
Please contact the Library Officer
Lists of the contents of each box are available to download
The duties of managing the Moir Library
The duties of managing the Moir Library and its collections are varied and demanding:
- Purchase, preparation cataloguing and classification of new and existing stock of books and periodicals
- Correspondence, enquiries and telephone calls
- Purchase of new books
- Reading and requesting reviews
- Postal loans service
- Bindings and repairs
- Displays to promote the library
- Chairing meetings of the sub-committee
- Attending SBA board meetings
Borrowing Items From the Library
- Read the rules printed on the red issue label in each book
- Take great care of the books while they are in your possession and return them punctually and carefully packed.
- Give alternative authors and titles where possible.
- Address all correspondence and return books to the Hon. Librarian, Moir Library, Fountainbridge Library, Dundee Street, Edinburgh EH11 1BG.
- Books published before 1900 and certain scarce books can only be borrowed by special permission of the Convener of the Library Committee.
Can I donate books to The Moir Library ?
- The library welcomes gifts of books and pamphlets, particularly rare or hard to obtain publications, but subject to prior consultation and agreement with the Library Convener.
- Further information may be obtained from the Library Officer: Mrs. Una A Robertson, 13 Wardie Avenue, Edinburgh EH5 2AB.
The Moir Library Catalogues